pull down search function

This topic is 7312 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I was wondering if there is a way to have a field with a pull down menu with some values in it. Then I want a find script that will place that value in it and perform the search. What I have is a roll call file that has all the students and the classes they have attended before (a line item sheet). But the student has attended our school for several years and I want it to show only the school year I want. Now, I am performing a find function and selecting the year. Then I go to reports and click on the roll call button. This runs a go to report function in preview mode with those values. I am cool with that. But my staff members think it is like walking and chewing gum at the same time... some can... some can't! So I thought that I could put a pull down menu in the menu layout for them to select the school year. Then all they have to do is push the button. Any help would be great. I was just going to add a find function to the script but I forgot how to put a getFeild function in that. Thanks.

Version: v6.x

Platform: Windows XP

OH... actually I figured it out. I made a simple layout, put in some set field functions then had it go to the layout where the staff members could select which year and day they want the report to show. I only had to use one sub-script to do it. Sorry ... I guess I should put some more gray matter on it before I run to you guys.

Don't be too hasty... hat's only *one* way of doing it. The fun's only just beginning!

Somebody (probably Ugo or DJ) will tell you how to do it with a self-join and a portal so you won't even have to perform a find.

SteveInVegas will tell you how to do it with WinBatch. Gary can do it in JavaScript, Anatoli in Lasso, Mariano in PHP or ASP or IIS...

Probably a good idea to get your way working, then fiddle around with some of the alternatives. wink.gif

This topic is 7312 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.