Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Export Report for use in MS Word

This topic is 7338 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm having difficulty getting information from a report I've constructed to display appropriately in a word doc. The report lists all of the vendors used for a client, along with contact info, etc. The same vendor is often used multiple times for different items, and the report shows the vendor information only one time (as it should!) because I've displayed all the pertinent information in just a subsummary section.

The problem: when I export the info to a tab separated text file and then pull up the information in word, the vendors show up multiple times again, even though they displayed on the report correctly. The FM book says I can export just one record for each vendor if I include a summary field in the export. I created one that totaled the number of times each vendor was used, but when I export that number comes up multiple times as a grand total (not the number that appears in the report) displayed next to each vendor, and the vendor again appears multiple times!

Second problem: when I export the data and then insert it in Word, the data runs together rather than displaying line by line as the report does. Is there any way to remedy this?

HELP!

Version: v6.x

Platform: Windows 2000

I'm answering my own question, as sometimes one must admit to one's own idiocy: click the "Summarize by" button in the export window and make sure there is, indeed, a check mark by the summary field before you export, Einstein!

Thanks for reading...and refusing to save me from myself!

MMB

This topic is 7338 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.