Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Combining databases in FM7

This topic is 7348 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I've been skipping through the trial version of FM7 and have come across the option to add tables within the same database. I can't find any real info on this in terms of what is possible with this option. I currently manage a 30-40 file database in FM6 and the idea of combining some of these files could be interesting in several areas for me. Has anyone played with this and know how this works?

Jim de Kort

I have been looking at the "Business Tracker" file which is available at the FMI site. It has all the tables in one file. Each table has it own fields. The graph displays the TO's and all the relationships. It is a nice setup. There is another set of files thast show the separation of data and interface that I downed load from the forum. Another interesting concept. NMCI is working on a tool that will take a multi file system to a single file. Without that tool you have to start from scratch.

A new version of FmPro Migrator has been relased for MacOS X, which also offers a table consolidation feature for FileMaker Pro 7 and FileMaker Developer 7 databases. (Last week, a Windows version of FmPro Migrator was released with this table consolidation feature and an Access to FileMaker 7 migration feature.)

David Simpson

www.fmpromigrator.com

This topic is 7348 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.