Finding & counting multiple entries in same field

This topic is 7307 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Sorry about this-I know I should know this but I'm stuck. See attatched-both in fp and.csv format.I have made a concatination field of 4 existing fields. What I am trying to do is find how many entries of the same description occur over a certain time period (normally 30 days). So if Gateshead ubr01jarr Cable4/0 Upstream2 appears 6 times (as it does), I want to know that without having to type that single description in on a seperate find.As I have hundreds of this unique records within this one field, but all apearing 2,3 4 up to 20 times, it would be very timeconsuming.

I've tried Find, summary and calculation fields but to no avail.I suppose what I'm looking for is a quick way of identifying my big hitters over this time frame- a script which I can then button on the layout. Can anybody help?

Sandy

Version: v6.x

Platform: Windows 2000

snr export.zip

If I have this right, you are looking for a count of records by calcsum?

If so, you were very close. On a summary layout, create a part: Sub-summary by Calcsum. Sort the records by Calcsum. Take the layout out of Table view. Then enter Preview Mode.

--Mike

Mike-or anybody for that matter,

Being thick-whats a calcsum? I can find no mention of it within internal FP help and there is only one mention of it through the search facility (back in 2000). Can somebody tell me where it is/ information on it?

This topic is 7307 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.