Containers messed up

This topic is 7302 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I converted my files. I use containers to hold a background color on all layouts. The background no longer fills the container field - the right and bottom shows white instead of the color. I tried repasting the color swatches into the container field but it doesn't solve the problem. Graphics format is set to reduce/expand and center-to-center. I tried adjusting this and nothing is working. Any ideas? It looks terrible and I have a presentation this afternoon showing the new 7. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Linda

Version: Developer v7

Platform: Windows XP

Very strange ... I was logged in but after posting, it said I was wasn't. It did it again when I am trying to respond. Well ... it's just one of those days, I guess. smile.gif

Linda Gent

Seems my laptop jumped to 4/24 for some reason ... maybe that's why it wouldn't let me stay logged in??!! Anyway, Andy Gaunt solved this issue (I think). If you increase the size of the color swatch and repaste it, it works right. Don't know why size would matter (particularly if set to reduce/enlarge), but it appears to. The old days of 'pasting a little tiny square' no longer apply in 7, I guess. I haven't had a chance to try it, but it worked for Andy and he's a pretty big programmer so I don't think he'd steer me wrong.

So, if it shows white at the right (a bit patch of white), try increasing your color square and pasting again. smile.gif I'm off to blow a few minds with the new 7! Wish me luck. smile.gif

Linda Gent

I had an issue with the beta regarding container fields. It was putting scroll bars "shadows" that is to say white areas were scroll bars should be. I got around it by taking my .fp5 file converting it to .FP7 and copy and paste the field from the converted file into my new file. I could then copy and change the field without problems. It appeared to me to be a problem with creating new container fields, converted ones appeared fine. This was on an OS X box.

FileMaker Version: Dev 7

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

This topic is 7302 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.