Problems with Preview of Layouts

crazybake

This topic is 7334 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have created a layout which contains summary and subsummary parts. The preview mode works fine for most of the time. I am not sure when it occurs, but at some point when I click on preview the summary fields do not show up anymore, just the header and the body.

Oddly enough, in Browse mode in form view the single record looks fine with the subsummary fields correct etc.

any thoughts?

Version: v6.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

Yep, there was a sort order in a script that I missed. However, I removed this step and still no luck....

the process to get to this layout is...

A user selects a city from a list of many. It finds the records for the city. The user then clicks on a button which brings them to the layout in question which is sorted by street name.

Again it is odd that when I first create the layout and preview it it looks great. Once I perform another function and go back to the layout, the summary fields don't show...

If an issue does exist, what is the fix.. start over?

thanks

Just sort the records again.

Summary reports only work when the database is sorted by the "break" fields -- the fields defined in each of the summary parts on the layout, then print or preview the layouts. The usual technique is to automate the process with a script.

Go to layout []

Sort

Enter Preview Mode [pause]

Enter Browse Mode []

Go to Layout [original layout]

This topic is 7334 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.