filemaker 5.5 help

This topic is 7291 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hello everyone... i hope i can make sense here. We have an extensive database of personnel saved into filemaker with all their information. Many of them are filed that they recieve our newsletter...however we cant easily find who they are. Is there an option somewhere that can just pull out the list of people from the database of the ones that recieve the newsletter?

Thanks, Alex

Version: v5.x

Platform: Windows XP

Alex:

In your current database, do you have a field that tells you if the person is a subscriber? If so, a simple "Find" will get you the results you want - you can script that find to automatically find the list, list it, and then print it, if you want...

-Stanley

Hi AlexP

FMP 7 is so much better than all other versions before it that I suggest you stop developing in FMP 5 and begin rebuilding it in the new version. This will save you the effort later of having to un-learn the FMP 5 ways of doing things and re-learning the FMP 7 techniques.

FMP 7 is seriously the best version yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey me again! Another question. And its quite similar, actually its almost identical. im supposed to pull out a group of people under teh heading "golph trophies" or "handicap" ....but i cant find the option. and the actual "find" option isnt working for on this for some reason....

Oh, and thanks for the trip on FM 7....id love to use it, but as im just more or less a voluntary worker i dont have too much say on what they should use....

Isn't that the truth. It's almost a brand new product.

Although previous versions have served me well over the years, I sometimes wish I hadn't used them. You find yourself jumping right in and starting to do things the same old way, when there is a better way right in front of you.

I can enter the find mode without a problem. But it cant access that one certain field and pull that field from the database.

Sorry if im confusing. Im still trying to get a good hold on these machines =)

This topic is 7291 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.