Server Maintenance This Week. ×

distributing in WIndows w/out extra .dll files?

This topic is 7338 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've downloaded zipped runtime solutions for Windows that show the .dll files in the unzipping process, but in the final solution folder only the relevant files are visible...I like this and would like to be able to offer my solutions for windows in that way, but mine include all the MANY .dll files. Can anyone help? Is this a Zipping function or a binding function?

Version: Developer v6

Platform: Windows XP

Howdy;

I just tried to dowload your solution but im getting 404 not found. ?

If it is an xp issue then go to the folder you installed it on, select Tools from the top, Folder Options.... Under the view tab, there are a series of options. One of which is show/hide hidden files, and the other is "Hide Protected Operating System files" mucking around with that will probably show you your missing DLL files.

Just out of curiousity, when you bound the solution you did specify "create stand alone application" right?

Steve

Hi...so I WANT to distribute without showing all the extra files, not the other way around. The example of database that I'm trying to emulate has the same folder preferences as the one I distribute which IS created as a"stand alone" app. In their folder and in mine, the boxes are checked to "hide" the hidden/system files, but my solution still shows them.

After binding but before zipping and distributing, select all of the files you want hidden, then right click, select properties, check "Hidden". Then if the user's system settings are set to hide the hidden files, they will be hidden.

Another way is to create another folder within the runtime solution folder and place ALL files in that, then place a "shortcut" of the solution .exe file in the main solution folder. At least it works for me.

FileMaker Version: Dev 6

Platform: Windows XP

This topic is 7338 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.