School Attendance Tracker

sdennie

This topic is 7328 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I need a set of files that track pupil attendance for a teacher to use. It's got me stumped. Ideally, with a student's record, a portal will show the days of a particular week, and the teacher can simply check a "Yes" box to indicate that the student was present that day.

Any suggestions? What group of related files would work best? I figure a Students file, a Days file (one record for each day), and something else. It's the something else that I'm bogged down with.

Steve

Version: v5.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

I made an attendance tracker for a church database. The attendance was recorded in a related file that had a record for each date and person. If the class size was 20 then you would have 20 records for each date. The fields in the attendance database were Member ID, Date, Attended and Member Date a calculated field = Member ID & " " & Date.

I used a list view in Member which displayed the member name, date & 2 radio buttons for attendance. I also had an invisible portal with the invisible fields Date & Attendance.

These were used to create the new records in attendance and set the date. I preset the the attendance to yes. This relationship was Member ID = ::Member ID. The visible fields Date & Attendance were related fields using the relationship Member Date = ::Member Date.

This topic is 7328 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.