Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Host keeps shuting us off

This topic is 7332 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a g4 that acts as the host for our fm files. There are three other G4's all on 10.3 and an IBM running XP The IBM is always connected and there is no problem. The macs are all cut off after idle time. I shut off the disconnect button at one time and now I can not find which preferences I found it at. I need that information but also right after I had shut that option off it seemed better but still disconnected the macs. Is there a setting on the host computer or all of the guest computers that I can change to keep them always connected?

Version: v6.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

Oh so simple. I have the monitor sleep but stopped the mac from sleeping and it seems to have stopped the problem. Should I max out the time before the comp goes to sleep or is there a disadvantage or is it harder on the machine to put "never sleep" ?

It's a way of logging users out after a period of inactivity! Never thought of that before.

Computers are turned over 3 to 4 years anyway, so it's more a question of energy saving and user convenience.

Personally my servers are always on (monitor off after 5 minutes). My home desktop machine is either on or off, I don't bother with sleep. My work machine is always on because I may need to connect into it from home.

This topic is 7332 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.