Template customization

This topic is 7322 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am new to Filemaker and I am trying to customize the "Contacts" template for my medical practice by changing the "Company" field to "Specialty." I did that succesfully by redefining that field's name, however on the tab on the bottom right, "related contacts" there are choices to show contacts related by Name, Company or City (with "radio" buttons). I want to change the button for "company" to read "Specialty" but I can't figure out how. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Version: v5.x

Platform: Windows 95/98

Hello jfrend,

To change a button label, enter layout mode (via the view menu), select the text tool on the Status Area at the left (the status area is the gray vertical band at the left abd the text tool is the button with a capital A on it).

Then click on the button and you sould be able to select the text anbd changing it. Click outside the button (ie anywhere else on the layout) when you're done and then go back to browse mode to survey the results. wink.gif

• Newbies

Thanks for the reply but I tried that and it doesn't work. I can do that to change other items but double clicking on that particular group of three buttons or using the text tool does not allow me to alter the text. Help!

This topic is 7322 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.