Using FM7 file to merge data into MS Word doc

This topic is 7321 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I had been looking to convert my FM6 files to 7 but am unable to open the FM7 file from the data merge manager in Word. I select Filemaker as the data source but it won't let me select the .fp7 file. Word has had all of it's updates. Does anyone know a workaround to use the fields to create the merge fields I need in word? It is a 13 page document, which in FM6 I couldn't get the formatting to work as needed.

Thanks,

Alana

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

• Newbies

Okay, so I figured it out. It just wasn't how I expected it to work. It seems one would need to export the information out of the .fp7 file and save it as a merge format. Then that file can be selected and the information can be merged in.

If anyone knows how to get it to work though through just connecting to the file, I'd be happy to know that as well. Also, while testing things out on WinXP with Office 2003, there is not an option to select Filemaker as the data source.

alana

" in FM6 I couldn't get the formatting to work as needed"

No problems with FMP 7 in that respect. I posted a letter merge demo a few days ago.

• Newbies

I had the same question and would appreciate a link to your previous posting about merge documents in version 7.

I am new to filemaker, having used version 3 a bit. I have a database that i am trying to migrate to version 7.

i am a nonprofessional user of previous versions of Access.

because i inherited the database, i have no idea of its design. is there some way to display all the fields in the relationship graph? i only get part of each table.

files don't open when called by a script? on opening. but i can't seem to find the commands anywhere. where should i look? i tried to put the current names in the path in file/ define/ file references and that didn't work.

i apologize if i have overlooked these answers in other places.

thanks very much for your help.

Edward Weck

clerk

Sundquist & Associates

411 Main St, Suite 201

St. Paul, MN 55102-1066

phone: 651-228-1881

fax: 651-228-1707

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Windows XP

This topic is 7321 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.