Full screen layout

This topic is 7321 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am the client of our company database which is hosted in our eMac (small business). This week I changed my hardware (from PowerBook G3 Lombard to PowerBook G4 15") and all O. Systems to Panther 10.3.3. Excellent in all sense. However a problem raised. The database is appearing in my computer not as a full screen one, as used to. Is there a way to restore the full screen size?

Thanks in advance.

Jaime

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

The layout size is generally fixed by the database developer. Your database was probably set up for an 832x624 or 1024x768 screen. The dimensions of the 15" PowerBook are wider than this.

It is possible to script different layouts for different screen sizes, but it can be a lot of work. It is also possible to simply Maximize the FileMaker window with scripts (similar to hitting the round "+" button on the window bar.)

I think you should instead embrace your extra screen real estate as "space to see other things". I have a large screen, and I like that my database windows don't cover everything.

• Newbies

Full screen is to have my layout from top to bottom and left to right of the screen. I think Ender got the issue correctly. As far as I know Maximize is only applicable to window size not to layout size. That left a blank space (the difference between window size and layout size). I miss the old way!

You'll need to design and build a separate layout for each screen resolution you want to support, then script all layout changes to select layouts based on screen height (or width).

It can be a lot of work, especially if it hasn't been planned for in the initial development stages.

This topic is 7321 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.