7.0 screwed my resolution

This topic is 7310 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

My database converted fine... I think. At least all my invoicing and customer forms with misc scripts. I also have a plan book I print that has graphics in container fields. They are 300 dpi tiffs. In 5.5 they displayed clear, and printed at 300 dpi, all very nice. Now, I can print a usable book.. very bad. All the images print at 72 dpi, and diaplay very bad, like a 300 dpi can do at low zooms... so I think they are still at 300 dpi. If I re-import the graphic, it now stores it (I think) and prints at 72 dpi. It looks smooth, but prints fuzzy. I can't find any setting to control this, so I can't use the new upgrade and hope I can un-install and get back to 5.5. Any suggestions or similiar experiences? This is a big bug, unless I am doing something wrong.... thanks

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

FM 7 screwed up my PNG graphics! (in addition to text looking awful).

But why do you have to uninstall? FM 7 installs in a separate subdirectory independently. It also backs up files that are converted. I'm sticking with FM 6 until they have a service pack.

• Newbies

To make a long story short, my new dual G5 blew a motherboard and processor, so I started from scratch and don't have 5.5 on it. I do on my laptop, so might just print my plan books from there, but I don't know yet what the best thing to do is. I wasn't sure I could run 5.5 and 7 on the same computer, but your reply sounds like I can, so maybe I will install it and us it for now. I want a refund:(

thanks for the reply

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I just talked to FM support and they said this is a known issue they are working in. Placing any image in any container converts the image to 72dpi (at least for printing)... great... boy, you would think this would have been discovered before releasing it?????

Maybe this has something to do with the problem you are experiencing.

This is an excerpt from page 10 of "FM 7 Converting Databases.pdf" part of FileMaker's electronic documentation.

----------------

"If your database has container fields that store Windows Metafile images (and certain other images stored internally by FileMaker in a metafile format, such as OLE, SLD, or TIFF metafile), perform the conversion on a Windows computer that has QuickTime installed to preserve the images. If you perform the conversion on a computer running Mac OS, you do not lose any data, but you cannot immediately drag, drop, copy, or paste the images to another container field on a computer running Mac OS: you must first open the database on a Windows computer and then view each record with a container field to convert the metafile images."

This topic is 7310 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.