Try as I Might, I just can get Transparent Images!

This topic is 7222 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

All the hoopla about FM7, and I still can't create a darned transparent graphic.

I've tried creating them in PaintShop8, Corel Draw10, and PhotoShop.. I export them as PNG or GIF, but when I put them on the FM7 layout, I always get the white background. I need the step by step guide on just how to do this.

I know the old rotate trick in version 6, but I also know that if I can create the correct graphic, it will work... I've used someone else's PNG file and it worked just fine.

I'm on a Windoze machine... pleeeeaaaaasssee help..... smile.gif

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Windows XP

• 2 weeks later...

the old rotate trick will not work anymore in 7.

try generating a TRANSPARENT gif in Photoshop

(no background, convert to indexed color, export to web as gif with transparency option on ...

And remember to set the container's bkgcolor to "none" in FileMaker.

I haven't done this myself, others have discussed this somewhere on this site:

The PNG should work, but be sure you have it set up to do transparency. In Photoshop, make sure you don't flatten the image (or have a "Background" layer).

• 1 month later...

Hello TooMuchSakeMan,

FileMaker provides only minimal support for the GIF format - neither animations or transparency characteristics of the GIF format are recognised by FileMaker.

However, as hinted above by CyborgSam, the PNG format is one which provides transulcent and transparent effectsc and it *is* supported in FileMaker 7 via the Insert - Picture command. wink.gif

PNG images can be inserted into FileMaker v6, but PNG transparent/translucent effects are not supported. If you want transparency in v6 you would do best to explore the 'rotation trick' that is mentioned by BruceJ in his original post to this thread. wink.gif

• 1 month later...

The only way it works for me is to drag the image from photoshop onto the layout. Works everytime. Exporting and importing never works for me, no matter what format I try. I save as PNG format and choose a small palette to keep the size down then I drag making sure I am in layout mode in FM. Good luck.

This topic is 7222 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.