Sending an html email out of FM 7.

J

This topic is 7316 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to send an html email with data with a simple click here button. Is this possible? I do not want to have to purchase a plug in for 4 computers to do this. Most new database programs have this built into them. Does FM 7?

Jason

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Windows 2000

I believe that you can only send plain text email with filemaker's built-in send mail [] script. You need a plug-in such as smtpit to send HTML mail. This is not a huge issue for me since I don't send HTML email. <opinion> I hate receiving it so much, I wouldn't want to impose it on others. </opinion>

Thank you for your response and opinion.

For the most part I agree with your opinion, but in my market we need to present things as professionally as possible. We are also trying to brand our product in the marketplace.

Do you have any suggestions or comments for plugins that send html email.

Thanks,

jason

People have generally said good things about the SMTPit plugin from cns.... www.smtpit.com

I have used the demo version, but I haven't actually bought it since I'm only sending text and Outlook express on win/ OS X mail has worked fine for me just using the built in functionality.

Dana

This topic is 7316 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.