Status problem.

This topic is 7311 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, I have a database that is used for keeping track of the status of images and the pages of a catologue.

There is about 10 images a page and I need to show the overall status of one page of the catalogue. For instance has it been planned scanned of is it finished.

The problem im having is that if I have a record for each image on a page there will be about 10 diffrent records for one page, What I need to do is have a field on the main db page called Page Status that tells me if the page has been planned scanned or finished. But that would mean changing all 10 fields instead of just changing one and it changes the status of the page for all 10 records.

Is there a way of making the page status show the same status for each image record?

I hope that made sense, thanks for any help.

Chris.

"I hope that made sense,"

Not quite but here goes.

If you are changing the Page status and you want this reflected in the Image records, then :-

Define a relationship from the Images to the Page, and in the Image file define a field Status. Define Status to look up PageStatus in the Page file - make it an unstored calculation. Then each Image record has the status of the whole Page.

I hope that made sense,

This topic is 7311 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.