Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Columnar Schedule

stanley

This topic is 7317 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all:

I've just been asked to do a fairly simple job, a system for a school. It's the usual stuff: contact info, course list, classes, etc. However, the client wants to be able to view (and print) a student's schedule in a columnar grid, like the hourly view in a typical scheduling system, with the days of the week going across the top, and the hours going down vertically. I did a quick search, but found no threads that dealt with this (though I'm sure I've seen something like it.)

The data I've got will have a different record for each instance of a class (for example, if a class meets Monday 10-11:30 and Thursday 1-2:30, there will be two separate records to draw from), and I'd have no problem dealing with a simple grid of related fields, if not for the different lengths of classes & the fact that they sometimes break over the half-hour...

If anyone's got any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I'm also going to have to find a way to print this thing...

-Stanley

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Mac OS X Jaguar

Problem solved; I just downloaded xmChart 2.2 (from a banner ad here on FM Forums, no less) and it produces exactly what I want (a Gantt Chart, essentially), with far less work than I would have had to put in otherwise.

-Stanley

Ender:

I've just been looking at it for about four hours, and I'm blown away by all the things I can do with it. I may pick your brain regarding a couple of things if I run into a jam during what is looking like a very tight development schedule for this job...

-Stanley

This topic is 7317 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.