Filemaker 3.0 (Mac) "out of disk space"

This topic is 7286 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Rjennings:

You could try a couple of things. Within FM 3, you could create a new file & try to import the data from your old file. Or, you could try to open the file with a newer version of FileMaker (with a larger file size limit), or try to import the data using a newer version of FileMaker.

According to your post, you are using FM3 and Panther. How is that possible?

-Stanley

Rjennings:

Do you get the same error message from 5.5 as you did from 4?

And oh, yeah, Classic mode... well, I knew it was there for some reason. I always forget about it, because I don't install it on any of my (or my clients') machines. Either they make the great leap forward, or they don't. No in-between. I am impressed that FileMaker Plus will still work on a modern Mac, though...

-Stanley

Hi, RJ! Maybe using the RECOVER command may be worth a shot; but definitely try to work from copies. Maybe trying to open the files from different platforms, too... Try giving FileMaker more application memory. Mac OS 9 and below required you to manually set the amount of memory the application uses... if FM does not have sufficient application memory, it might SEEM unopenable until you GET INFO and change app memory to something bigger.

Just a shot.

--ST

This topic is 7286 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.