Sorting/Layout puzzler

Jim Carr

This topic is 7287 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I hope this is the proper forum for this:

I have a simple sales report. Each line item summarizes the sales activity of a given dealer. There are no Body parts in this report.

The summaries are sorted by dealer, then by total sales -- best performer at the top.

Viewing the sorted report in Preview mode, the report works perfectly, with one maddening flaw. When (and only when) there are more than 500 to 510 records in the found set being summarized, the TOP dealer on the report shows incorrect summary totals-- Switch to single-record Browse mode and the correct totals are displayed! But go back to Preview mode and these first-summary totals are way smaller-- but as I said, ONLY if the found set is over 500 records or so (it varies with the found set). Omit a few records and the totals start showing correcly again.

The top-selling dealer always appears on top, even though the incorrect totals shown should put him way down on the list. That is, he's sorted as though the correct totals were indeed being displayed.

All of the fields are easliy large enough to display all content, and they do in browse mode.

I hate to confess that I am utterly mystified. Any ideas? An illustration is attached.

FileMaker Version: 5

Platform: Mac OS 9

FileMaker Version: 5

Platform: Mac OS 9

Picture 1.jpg

This topic is 7287 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.