Coloring Relationships in 7

LindaG

This topic is 7290 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I can't figure out why I can't color my relationships. I select a TO and click the color wheel but it doesn't change color. I haven't tried printing my relationship graph yet - does the color only work when it's printed? I would love to be able to segregate my TOGs according to color while viewing it.

Searching help on 'relationship color' brings up nothing other than to do what I am currently doing. I must be doing something wrong. crazy.gif

Linda

FileMaker Version: Dev 7

Platform: Windows XP

Hi Ralph, thanks for helping me. It still isn't working. crazy.gif

I select to TO (it turns dark grey), click the color wheel (and the colors come up), select my color (just like I would to change a button color) and it automatically closes. But the color isn't selected.

If I go to 'Other' color and select and say OK, it still doesn't change color. If I try clicking and holding on the color wheel like you suggest, and then releasing the mouse, it still doesn't change.

Does it not work like selecting a color for a fill or pen or anything else in FM? Maybe that is what is throwing me off.

• 2 weeks later...

I still can't color my relationships. And they are getting so hard to tell apart. Either I am the dumbest person on the planet (which is quite possible) or something else is going on, because it just won't accept colors.

I notice many times web pages have white backgrounds and everyone else says they get colored backgrounds. Same with emails - Blue background email is blue on my laptop but same email is white background on my desktop system. Is this related do you think? Can't test FM on my laptop currently because it quit working. crazy.gif

Any suggestions at all why I can't get it work? I think I'm going to go blind because I have 37 TOs and counting ... shocked.gif

Linda

Thanks for helping, Ralph. I see colors everywhere else but web, email and now FM7 relationship graph. Computer is about a year old. No problems with it that I know of except for this. I am up to date on virus definitions. I looked all through Control Panel, and Explorer Options and Outlook options and see nothing that determines background colors.

So you are indicating that I should be able to color them? And that something is indeed wrong with only my computer? Good grief. crazy.gif

I guess I'll just buy a new computer. That's how I usually solve computer problems. But I wish I knew what was wrong.

Hi Ralph. Already tried reinstalling FM last week. frown.gif I also tried running updates/fixes to fix the Outlook and Explorer not always displaying background colors - that didn't help either. I'm not sure the problem is related but it sounds like it might be.

I'm using web colors. I also tried the different colors and it didn't help.

Linda (discouraged in San Diego)

Eeeks! No color! Funny man! grin.gif But just in case, I asked my son. He has eagle eyes and says your tables has no color. frown.gif At least that means I wasn't stupid about doing it. wink.gif

Okay, time for a new computer - actually, two. Darned.

The file that I'm was trying to color is my business file which is huge. But I just tried coloring survey also (my portal fiasco) and it doesn't take. Yes, color works everywhere else - both in FM and on web and email. Only backgrounds in SOME webpages and emails with colored backgrounds won't color - and now relationship graph in FM7. Very strange indeed.

Not an FM bug. My computer is very very bad. No ram-chip snacks for it tonight, that's for sure.

You are a dear for helping me so much, Ralph.

My daughter said web pages sometimes don't display the exact thing as other people's shows. She said backgrounds don't show sometimes on some systems. But she didn't know why.

I would kiss anyone that can make my relationship graphs color up. Of course it would be virtual kiss or my hubby'd be on me. smile.gif

Linda

Well probably not the kind of chiming in you would like, but I have looked at the files in an XP environment and I see the pretty colours and can also change the colour. Just downloaded the trial of FMP7, so I do not know much about that and not being a regular windoze user I can not offer much help in that area either.

Sorry not much help, but atleast you know that the colours work in XP using FMP7.

This topic is 7290 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.