Sliding/Printing broken in FM7?

Toltecan

This topic is 7308 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

FM breaks the object sliding capabilities found in earlier versions. If you have fields that span multiple pages (such a descriptive text fields) you could set the height of the fields to be say 3" each then place them on a layout (some of mine went 6 pages) then set the objects to slide up with "reduce the size of the enclosing part" set on so if the user did not write much in a field it would shrink: most of my pages when they printed would be 1 page long... occasionally 2 pages very occasionally 3 pages. In FM7 these pages print only the fields that appear on each page

• Newbies

Yep I just created a fresh Db and a bunch of text fields and could not reproduce the problem... but when I grab my converted 5.5 db it still shows the problem... must be something in the conversion, odd... really

• Newbies

Some interesting observations. If I copy and paste the fields from the converted db into a fresh test db the problem is reproduced only on the layout I paste the fields onto.

I tried un sliding everything then re-sliding... same problem

• Newbies

Some more info. The text fields are not fields but merge text expanded to 3" high. This is the cause of the problem as FM7 does not allow the merge field to span page breaks and it looses whole merge fields across page breaks. So it is merge fields that is broken.

Why use merge fields... formatting because users cut ans past their data and it can get funky looking mixing fonts etc....

It is broke as the merge approach worked fine.... until FM7

This topic is 7308 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.