Insert file problem, possible to solve with Dev7?

loogi

This topic is 7298 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have never used Developer, but if it could solve this problem i will buy it.

I would like to use the feature in FMP7 thats called Insert File, but i dont want to save as a reference, i would like to save it inside of the database. My problem is that i would like to open the file "inside" of Filemaker without exporting the file.

Because i have never used developer i now wonder if there is any functions in FMPDev7 that could solve my problem? I am not interested in a plug-in, i only want to be able to open the file i have inserted directly from FM.

Regards

loogi

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Windows XP

i would like to insert word, excel, visio and cad-files. Are you sure that they are viewable? I cant remember that it works with jpeg..

I posted this question in a swedish forum (im swedish), and they were talking about that this function will be fixed in the next upgrade of FMP. Then it should be possible to open an embedded (inserted) file from filemaker. Has anyone heard of this, and when does this upgrade come?

The files you've listed above would not be viewable in FileMaker. I have created a solution where in addition to importing a file format that could not be viewed in FileMaker I also imported an accompanying GIF, TIF or JPG file to act as a preview of the non-viewable file I was importing. This may or may not be suitable in your situation.

This topic is 7298 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.