Password Management

This topic is 7295 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I have several BD's related including a main menu. What I want to do is: set in the main menu passwords for users and admin, and when opening the related BD's, the main password setup passes to them, without logging the password again. Is this possible? If is, how can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

kind regards.

FileMaker Version: Dev 6

Platform: Mac OS X Jaguar

If you're using a standard FM password, have the solution open all the files at the same time and the password will cascade to each succeeding file after the first.

If you've created your own password field, have each of the subordinate files access that through a universal relationship from the subordinate file to the main file.

QuinTech said:

If you're using a standard FM password, have the solution open all the files at the same time and the password will cascade to each succeeding file after the first.

If you've created your own password field, have each of the subordinate files access that through a universal relationship from the subordinate file to the main file.

You don't have to open them all up. FileMaker will use the last password to try to open another file up. If all the files have the same password it is transparent to the user. The last FM password used is stored internally in FM and is valid for that FileMaker session. The plug-in DialogMagic allows you to change the FM password that is used to attempt to open up a file.

FileMaker Version: Dev 7

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

This topic is 7295 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.