Sending the link to a filemaker pro file.

Sanjay

This topic is 7305 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We are using Filemaker Pro 5. Our application allows the users to send emails to more than one person. This email is to communicate to the concerned person that his/her name is assigned to a particular record for review purpose. We are looking for a functionality where there should be a link in the email itself. Clicking on which, should open the filemaker pro database with the same fp5 file. This would help in saving time and would increase the efficiency. Could you please help us in providing this functionality by letting us know how can we provide the link etc with details. We are accessing the same server.

FileMaker Version: 5

Platform: Windows 95/98

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Sanjay! I'm not sure I follow exactly...

Your workers create records and e-mail people information about a particular record for reviewing. Then, the message recipient clicks on the link and... (this is where I do not understand). If the recipient clicks on the link in the e-mail message, their favorite web browser launches. Are you asking how to launch FileMaker instead of a web browser, or are you trying to figure out how to make your FileMaker data available through the web?

--ST

Hi Steve,

I am sorry for the confusion. Yes, I need a functionality that if the recipient clicks on the link in the email message, their favourite we browser should launch FileMaker.

Thanks for your help,

--Sanjay

This topic is 7305 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.