selecting records by checkbox? (newbie!)

This topic is 7277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

(maybe you read the 2nd post, my problem is described in a better way there...i guess) crazy.gif

Hello,

sorry to come up with a question like this...i'm new to database and the only thing i knew quite well was Claris Works 3.0 grin.gif

i'm working on a database for a TRAVEL AGENCY office. starting with the CUSTOMERS: i'll have a database with eacht CUSTOMER having a record. now: let's say i have a FAMILY. i suppose i can store POSTAL ADDRESSES in a different list and relate ADDRESSES<==>PEOPLE with an serial number. i managed to do this. now:

[color:"red"] how can I SELECT say 3 PEOPLE records (having all the same address because they are a family) and then working with these selected FAMILY MEMBERS? i was thinking about placing a checkbox in each PEOPLE record...but how do i make FM "take" these 3 PEOPLE RECORDS and placing that data (Name, date of birth) on to a page (report?).

thanx for help...

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Windows XP

• Newbies

i guess my approach suggested above was not smart. i'm new to databases so please forgive crazy.gif

to explain the problem again:

i have 2(let's say 2 but it will be much more since it's a big project) TABLES:

-CUSTOMERS table

-TRAVEL PROGRAM table

My problem: Sometimes I have 1 CUSTOMER per PROGRAM (only 1 guy books a flight) and sometimes I have SEVERAL CUSTOMERS per PROGRAM (a family consisting of 5 people books a flight. Therefore I have to gather information from 5 RECORDS and put them onto the SAME 1 TRAVEL PROGRAM RECORD.

I wanna have a BUTTON on every CUSTOMER record enabling me to add this current customer record (consisting of CUSTOMER ID, Surname, Lastname,...) to the current TRAVEL PROGRAM record.

This topic is 7277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.