Creating lookups

Darrell

This topic is 7304 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I hope this the right forum for this question, if it isn't I am sorry in advance, so here it goes. I have DB called invoice. In this DB i have separate fields for Caller name, company, address, city, state,zip. I created a second DB called contact. I then created a relation ship with both these DB using a field called key. In both those fields I put the number 1 in the field. So far I think I am creating a relationship correctly. What I want to do in the invoice DB is when I put in the caller name I want the DB to go to the contact DB lookup the company, address, city, state, & zip and paste it the invoice DB. So each time when I put the called name it the address will come up automatically. Can someone please explain how to do this or is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thanks

Set up your relationship from the "Invoice" database to the "Contact" database based on the Name field.

Set the address fields as lookups based on the new relationship.

(I like to use a ContactID as the key field to avoid spelling confusion. Is it Sean, Shaun, or Shawn? If the database is very small, you could use a value list to select the names.)

This topic is 7304 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.