Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Top row in portal fm 7

elkkis

This topic is 7147 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi there,

Someone here know if Filemaker Pro 7 now have a better and easier way to be able to make the people directly add data on the TOP ROW in portal?

I didn't see any change at this part, i'm surprise.

I'm the only one?

thx

fred

The only way I would think of is to not set the portal relationship to create a related record -- Rather, use an alternative method of creating a record on the end of the relationship and make sure that portal will sort the record to the top of the portal

You can work around it by writing a script, go to the last row, auto-insert data in a field (presumably a enter date field), sort the portal by newest, and go to the portal field. The short coming with this appraoch is that you have to delete the empty row everytime you open the layout.

I think the best way is to use a field and a add record button on top of the portal, and use script to add it.

• 4 months later...

I need to be able to sort my port by the first field NAMES in decending order. I want to add to this portal using just the top row. Is there an easier way to do this?

Also, can you make the port expand or collapse depending on the number of items in the portal?

If you have set the relationship to allow the creation of related records then the new portal row is the last row.

If you have it set to not allow the creation of related records you will have to script the creation od a new record in the related table. This new record could be the first row until it gets data and is committed.

Portals are fixed in size on the layout. You can add a scroll bar to view rows not in view.

This topic is 7147 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.