Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem with FM4, web databases

donstar

This topic is 7296 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I work on a website that links to a Mac at my office for 2 FM databases. Yesterday that Mac broke down.

We removed the hard drive and made it an external drive on a new Mac.

We attempted to re-establish the connection between the website and the FM files by renaming the new Mac's IP address with the one from the old Mac--so that the link from the website: http://206.20...etc, theoretically would still work.

All our TCP/IP settings, and preferences in Filemaker appear to be correct, yet we cannot fix this thing. When we turn on web sharing we can see the directory of files in the web browser, so we definitely are reaching the new Mac over the web, but we just can't access those FM files.

Anyone got any ideas? We're stumped.

Hi donstar! No... nothing to suggest except double-checking the basics. Since the Mac is apparently serving on the web (directory of files? how about an html page?), the only thing I can think of other than making sure the db is open on the server is that the db is either not SHARED or has SECURITY enabled keeping it from being accessed.

In addition to Web Companion being enabled, check to make sure that the db is also SHARED using Web Companion. Having Web Companion ON is not the same as having the db shared. The other thing about SECURITY, check to see if Web Companion is set to use Access Privileges or the Web Security Database. If the former, make sure the db can be accessed appropriately by a web user or no password user and if the latter, also make sure the Web Security Database is open and has a record for that database to allow web access for All Users.

Good luck!

--ST

This topic is 7296 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.