Server Maintenance This Week. ×

3259 error disconnecting from host

paulnyc

This topic is 7031 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

This is a post related to:

thread

I am hosting with Filemaker Pro 6 (not server) to 3 clients all using 10.3.3 and have been getting the 3259 disconnection from host error on all the clients. We recently upgraded to a dual g5 1.8ghz machine as our server and that's when the problems began, at first on 1 client, now on all three. Does anybody know about issues hosting on G5 machines? Could this be a problem with the G5's network card?

Hi, Paul! We don't have exactly the same set-up, but I was able to do the following without problem or seeing the error...

HOST = G5 FMP6 standard client OS X 10.2.8 (also checked w/FMP5 standard client)

CLIENT = G4 Cube FMP5 standard client OS X 10.3.3

Our G5 is a single-processor machine and FMP 5 does not have the OPEN REMOTE option.. I justed used the OPEN... and the HOSTS button.

--ST

• Newbies

Steve, thanks for sharing your experience. Well you have just a host and 1 client. Not sure how many databases you are serving. We've got 22 on the host, with a max of 10 on any client open at a given time. The tech at filemaker support didnt' think that this was pushing the limits of a regular filemaker pro license, but couldnt' be sure. With a g4 host, we didn't have this problem, though we only had 2 clients then. But not even 1 client standalone client could survive for long without a host disconnect error on the G5 host. Long story short, I downloaded a trial version of 5.5 server and everything seems very nice. If this proves reliable for a week, I guess we will have to bite it and pay for the hefty upgrade.

Paul:

I've had various problems with FMS 5 on a client's G5 server - I've said it before and I'll say it again, a crappy OS 8.6 server will do fine for a small (up to 30 or 50) client load on FM 5/6 - and the way FMS works on the G5 seems "freaky" at best. You're working with FMP as server, and I can't say that these things are related, but FMS 5 on a 10.3 G5 seems to me to have some serious problems.

-Stanley

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

FMP 5.5 Mac was working fine on G4 466 X.3.7. Replaced that machine with G5 dual 1.8. Now getting error -3259 and -1072 and also messages that suggesting the data is corrupt. This happens with iBooks and eMacs that previously worked perfectly. Interesestingly though, the new eMac that was installed connects to it fine. Are there files somewhere that I could delete or reinstall on the client side to somehow make it compatible with the new server? I'm ready to give up an put the main database back on a slower computer.

This topic is 7031 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.