Can I create a script to import records?

This topic is 8283 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm still working on my student database, and have created an interview database to track and evaluate students who are seeking employment. Senior (grade 12) and Junior (grade 11) students are tracked in separate db's. I want to import subsets of records from the master db into each of these db's by script. Can I create a script that will allow me to set criteria/find (Grade = 12, or Grade = 11) to match and import records?

quote:

Originally posted by Tenchi:

I'm still working on my student database, and have created an interview database to track and evaluate students who are seeking employment. Senior (grade 12) and Junior (grade 11) students are tracked in separate db's. I want to import subsets of records from the master db into each of these db's by script. Can I create a script that will allow me to set criteria/find (Grade = 12, or Grade = 11) to match and import records?

Yes, you can do it: first of all do the right selection via a find script then, when needed data are found, import them.

In the master db issue a script that performs the search of the requested data and then launch the appropriate import scripts you have disposed in each of your other dbs.

Launch them as 'externals subscripts' of the main script so the application will 'come home' to the master db automatically.

Regards.

This topic is 8283 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.