windows fonts, displayed on a mac...

Batfastad

This topic is 7297 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

OK this should be an easy one for someone out there to help me with.

FileMaker is cross platform.

It's great!

It means the guys in our design studio can access all our company records in the main database.

I've recently started upgrading our company solution so that macs can use the functions also.

But most of my layouts use the windows Tahoma font.

Does this display on a mac?

I cannot test it at the moment as I am making changes to our database out of office hours, using the remote desktop so I can't fire it up on my mac.

Just wondering if anyone could give me a quick answer so I can change all the fonts tonight if necessary.

What fonts do the macs display?

I have Tahoma installed on my Mac, but that doesn't mean anything. Different apps install different fonts, and even though the font is installed, it doesn't mean your layouts will look the same between platforms.

You should make a copy or clone of the database and see what it looks like on your Mac.

Most developers restrict themselves to common fonts that are available on both platforms. This is usually Times/Times New Roman and Arial/Helvetica.

Verdana and Georgia were also popular, but reportedly Microsoft no longer offers them as free downloads.

Well, Verdana et al were part of the Internet Explorer installation. Microsoft has already announced that they are taking their ball and going home because Apple wrote Safari: no more development for IE on Mac.

This topic is 7297 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.