backup at specific time

This topic is 8183 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Howdy. I know zippo about server stuff and I was just informed that our server is not backing up our FM5 files because they are open all the time and the backup doesn't backup files in use. All the users are on Macs. The server is Windows 2000. (Don't ask me why.)

The files have to be open hosting on the server all the time as the entire company shares these files. I desperately have to avoid having someone manually close and reopen the files every day, which is the only way I can find to trigger backups with FMP instead of relying on the server. I am not here all the time, not even necessarily every week, and the official network administrator is located at a head office in another city. PLease hElp!

Thanks ever so much, Kay XO

I can't see how to edit my post. Doh!

Also to consider... the reason I titled this post "backup at specific time" is because some users work early, some late. This is not a 9-5 situation. The server backup runs from 1:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. because it is the unlikeliest time someone would be here. I thought that would be the best solution for my fmp files too.

• 2 months later...

This topic is 8183 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.