performing AND request in a repeating field

This topic is 7261 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am not a filemaker developer or very technically savvy with the system, but I need to perform an "AND" request in a repeating field.... but in find mode you are only given one empty field to enter your find text.... Is there any easy way to solve this issue? Is there an "AND" request function or something?

Just as an example: I want to find in a repeating field records that are labeled "Education" AND "Science" , but given that there is only one field to enter information on in find mode I have to perform the find as "Education" then add new request "Science" and then scroll through to find those labled both. There must be an easier way.... please advise if you know.

!@#$%@&#%&*)(^%%#@!!@$# and bloody hell!

Where were you when I got that warning about "Are you sure your're doing a Find? It looks like you're entering data."?

You are a gem! (I am getting really sick of learning how much I didn't know before this forum.)

Why the bloody hell don't FMP include this sort of stuff somewhere?

I'll check this myself but, so it ends up here, does this work also with scripted Finds?

Yes, scripted finds too.

Looking at the help for FM7, it also doesn't say this, even in the help section for finding with multiple criteria using AND (it only talks about multiple different fields). Thats odd.

In FM7 (at least), you can use newlines to break it up also, which is nice when you want to paste a list from some other app. (You can't type a newline directly, or it will do the find - but paste is okay.)

This topic is 7261 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.