Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Relationship / reports help

Alan23

This topic is 7268 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Welcome Alan!

It sounds from your description that you are on the right track. The Service Notes file is probably the best place for a report that shows multiple service notes. And dropping in a field from Client should be possible (no portal needed.)

You may have a problem with the relationship from Service Notes to Client. Make sure that the relationship is Service Notes::CLID=Client::CLID. Also check that the CLID field in Service Notes is the same field type as in Client and that it is populated with valid CLIDs.

• Newbies

Hey Ender! Thanks. Of course, the CLID field is not populated! I knew it was something basic. Now of course I need to populate it. There are 800 some records to fill in. Hmmmmm... I'm gonna have to think about that one a while.

I thank you.

Nother question. Is there a way to assign a keyboard shortcut to a button?

Alan

To populate existing records you can use a Relookup (if the field is a lookup field and any other lookup fields by the same relationship can be repopulated too,) or a Replace.

You can't get a keyboard shortcut to execute a button, but in the Scriptmaker, if you check the checkbox for a script, the script will be added to the Scriptmaker menu, and the first ten scripts in the menu can be executed with key commands <cmd>-1 through <cmd>-10.

This topic is 7268 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.