Resize window

This topic is 7235 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there!

I'm putting in startscripts in all my files that include the step resize window. The problem is that the result differs depending if you are a mac or a win user. In Windows XP the window is a little bit smaller. Any ideas why?

Fridolin

Thank's for the input.

But it is a bit strange. I mean, a pixel is a pixel... Oh well, the thing I work on now will run mostly on mac, so I think I'll save myself some work by leaving a margin instead. Do You know if there are any standard docs on window sizes on different platforms. Would save a lot of work on my next project.

Fridolin

The window size settings include the border of the window. On Windows, these are under user-control, they can differ depending on the theme being used, etc.

FM7 has new methods, Get(WindowContentHeight) and Get(WindowContentWidth) that would allow you to compute the current size of the borders when doing a resize, to guarentee you get a consistent size for the content-area, which sounds like what you want.

Thanks for the tip!

Didn't know about these functions. On a energetic day I'll try to implement it. That's the problem, all these new nice features in FM 7 are great but they mean more work and I'm a lazy bugger.

Fridolin

This topic is 7235 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.