Insufficient memory on Win XP?

This topic is 7255 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all. I have installed a 5.0 runtime solution on a client's Windows XP computer and upon trying to run it receive the following error message:

"FileMaker Pro could not be run...[CLIP]...incorrect installation, missing components, or insufficient memory."

FM's KB describes the problem and a possible resolution for Win NT4. An old post here suggests the problem could be resolved by uninstalling Internet Explorer, then installing the runtime, and then re-installing IE, but i'd rather not go through that on the phone with this particular client. mad.gif

I suspect this may be an issue where the user doesn't have administrative rights, but it's very difficult to ask the user that question (actually, it's easy to ask but hard to get an answer). Has anyone else encountered this issue?

TIA

Jerry

You can't uninstall IE so that won't help. One way to determine if they are logged in with admin rights is to have them right-click the start button - if the menu includes "open all users" and "explore all users" then they have admin rights.

It has run on hundreds of other XP machines (as well as W2K, NT, and 98SE ones). This is the first XP to give us this error. From what i understand, the error happens all the time on Windows 95 and 98 First Edition, because they are missing certain dlls the runtime needs.

This topic is 7255 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.