Calculation in Portal not refreshing

Adam Runtime

This topic is 7233 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I am having problems with a calculation field in a portal. All my calc is doing is getting a name from a related table, which relates to an ID number in the portal.

When I update the ID number, the name does not change, however when I switch back and forth to a previous record and back it has updated it.

Is there a way of updating calculations in portals?? I phoned UK tech support (some of whom are helpful sometimes) and they dont know what I'm talking about!!

BTW this works fine when not in a portal.

Thanks

Adam.

What do you mean when you say "When I update the ID number"? Are you adding new records in the related table? Are you editing existing records in the related table? The record has to be comitted.

• Newbies

Also have the same kind of problem... But mines also doesn't work in the table...

I make a calculation field (a sum of a field from another table based upon an relationship with that other table). The only time when it updates is when I refresh or sort or click in this field. Taking it through a portal gives the same problem (and that's what i was doing).

Tried almost everything I could think off but now way. Contacted Filemaker send them my problem but never heared from then since...

Getting crazy of it....

It seems that if you have a key field from another table filtering a portal that is two tables away, the portal does not refresh when you change the key until you change records, or run a script that does a set field on the necessary fields and commits the record.

Here is a simple example file attached

Dana

portal_refresh.fp7.zip

This topic is 7233 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.