Relookups/Auto-enter problem when duplicate record

This topic is 7253 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anyone no of a way to suppress the relookup/autoenter from happening when you duplicate a record? It would seem to me that if you want to duplicate a record, you would want an exact duplicate which isn't always the case when a relookup happens.

Maybe if you script the record creation:

Duplicate Record/Request

Go to Field ("LookupField")

Insert from Last Record (Select, "LookupField")

Go To Field ()

This will first duplicate the record and then remodify the lookup field. "Insert from Last Record" works with the last ACTIVE record, that means, you have to click into a field or do some other action on the record you want to duplicate. And I think you have to be on a layout, where the lookup field is present, when calling this script. See FM Help for details.

Well, that's one way to do it. It would be alot easier if the lookups don't happen. It would save me the hassle of putting all my fields with lookups and auto-enters onto a single layout and writing a script to reset them. I guess I just think that if I want a duplicate, I want a duplicate.

I really do appreciate your suggestions. Truthfully, I have thought of several ways to reset the fields. It's just that adding work and overhead to the app because I don't actually get a duplicate record is something I was hoping to avoid. So, the Duplicate Record function should be renamed Semi-Duplicate Record. Unless you have a file that doesn't use lookups.

In any case, thanks for the time you took to offer suggestions. I appreciate it.

This topic is 7253 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.