Locked Layout Mode - Please Help!

This topic is 7226 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all,

I have been using a filemaker db to run school reports (via a runtime file). Previously, I have been able to get access to layout elements through using the master file password.

Now I find that, still using this master password, I have limited access - no access to layout mode, define fields or relationships.

There are no other master passwords that I am aware of.

Can anyone direct me to unlocking the file - please, please, please!!

• Newbies

Sorry - I didn't make it clear that I was indeed opening the runtime file through FMP. I hit the shift key upon opening the file, enter the password and away I usually go with full access to layouts. Seemingly the access to layouts is sometimes available, sometimes not. It's not available now, just when I need it to be!

Seems like your master password isn't your master password any longer. Maybe you changed it and forgot about it? Or someone else played with the access rights?

Badly enough, as far as I know, FileMaker Inc. has discontinued its Password Retrieval Service, but there was a Windows password retrieving application for older Filemaker versions (which name I don't remember).

• Newbies

Yeah... thanks, but did that one too! It's a component of Passware. I purchased the fmp module for $45US just in case there was another password. It revealed only that which I knew already - no new or hidden passwords.

This one has me stumped!

Did you bind the runtime file only recently? I remember there's an option in Filemaker Developer to prevent modifying the structure of a file. Did you choose that? I'm not sure, but could this be the reason why you can't change the file any longer?

This topic is 7226 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.