Call Center DB

This topic is 7274 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm helping a client build a call center. They don't have a lot of money, but want to track all calls coming in to the center, so I figure FMP would be the best solution. I have a few questions....

1. Are there any pre-built db's for call centers out there?

2. To start, I thought we'd host it over the web. We haven't purchased FMP for the office yet, so I'm wondering if I should buy FM6 or 7. How many users will filemaker 6 allow to connect via the web? How many will 7 allow?

3. Am I missing anything?

Hi Jon -

There are many solutions built that will allow you to track calls ( or activities ) but they also do much more as well. It also depends on which of those would meet any specific requirements you might have.

2. Hosting over the web. Well, first question is how many people will be accessing the database at one time.

If you use FileMaker 6 you can have 10 IP addresses in a 12 hour period. If you use FileMaker unlimited (another purchase) you can have unlimited.

If you use FileMaker 7 you can have 5 concurrent sessions at one time. For any more you will ahve to get FileMaker Server 7 Advanced due out this summer.

Then you get into how you want to write the access to the database. FileMaker 6 supports CDML, 7 does not. 7 uses XML and XSLT for web access.

It is a start. Anyone else?

This topic is 7274 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.