Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printer selection disappears after fax

Peleka

This topic is 7257 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

When I go to use the print command again after sending a fax using Panther's fax function it says there is no printer selected, and I must again select my printer. What is really weird is if I Cancel out of the print dialog box and go to print again, my printer selection is back! What's up with that??

Peleka

Hi, Peleka! I haven't used the FAX feature yet, but I know it is a new feature so it may have some issues to resolve still. In OS9, I think printer-selection could be saved with the document, but I just did a quick test in OSX and it seems this no longer seems to be the case. Whatever the last "printer" used was becomes the default printer. After you fax, it probably sets fax as your default printer so I could see how you would have to re-select your printer.

I suppose they could store your default printer settings (and apparently they do since you get it back on CANCEL), so there'll probably be a software update coming to smooth things out a bit. I remember thinking "it's about time they got faxing back" but I don't fax so it really did not affect me. Glad to know it works, though!

--ST

This topic is 7257 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.