Criteria for child records

This topic is 8283 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

To find related records in a child file, I've been using the technique of putting multiple parent keys in a global field which has a relationship to the child, and then using GoToRelatedRecords. Works great but...how can I then further search the children? For example, by this method I can find all children of parents whose Active flag = Y but then what if I further want to only see those children whose phone = home? If I do a find of the children, I end up with all children whose phone = home, not just those children of active parents. This must be a common problem and I'm sure there's a technique. I just don't know it. Tanks.

quote:

Originally posted by Susie:

To find related records in a child file, I've been using the technique of putting multiple parent keys in a global field which has a relationship to the child, and then using GoToRelatedRecords. Works great but...how can I then further search the children? For example, by this method I can find all children of parents whose Active flag = Y but then what if I further want to only see those children whose phone = home? If I do a find of the children, I end up with all children whose phone = home, not just those children of active parents. This must be a common problem and I'm sure there's a technique. I just don't know it. Tanks.

In the related file issue a search form in which you can enter all needed criteria then, via script, perform this search and you will have your results.

Obviously have some 'navigational trick' in order to come back to the calling form in the master db.

Regards

This topic is 8283 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.