Plain XML import

freecolours

This topic is 7002 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I try to import an xml file, that is created by a Filemaker Pro 6 XML export, but now I would like to import the file in FM again (in same database, only different location)

Now I do need an XSLT file to import the XML file again, but I can't figure it out how to write it. The XML file contains just 'flat' records and no subrows.

I'll attach the XML file (compressed as .zip)

Anybody?

RecImp.xml.zip

First problem :( without the FileMaker File structure, it is not easy to explain how to import.

Second : Export the xml file with the FMPXMLRESULT format, not FMPDSORESULT.

Then, when you import the exported document, it's just the same way as importing a other FileMaker document.

3d : there is a problem with your attachment. It's not a well formed xml document exported by FileMaker. Question : have you edit and save it using MS Word ?

• 8 months later...

Using the FMPXMLRESULT is the only way to _import_ into FileMaker Pro. This type of export file can be imported into FMP6 or FMP7, as the grammar is the same in both versions.

Using the FMPXMLRESULT is the only way to _import_ into FileMaker Pro. This type of export file can be imported into FMP6 or FMP7, as the grammar is the same in both versions.

This topic is 7002 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.