extra space in fields after text disrupts printing

Danny Joe

This topic is 7242 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi I hope I'm in the right forum.

Does anyone know what might cause sliding fields to stop short of the bottom of the text in the field - by about half a line of text(in preview mode)? it's a mystery to me why it is happening, and causing printing problems at page breaks.

thanks!

How big is the field they are sliding up to? It might be that the slider is running into empty space in a field that is above it. See if the height of the "anchored" field can be reduced so that the slider slides up closer to the text that is held within the anchor field.

Dan

Hi Dan - Thanks for the reply -

I guess my message left room for ambiguity. Actually it's the bottom edge of the sliding field itself which doesn't slide up to the bottom of the text within that field - I am aware that if there is a hard return at the end of the text, there will be an extra line defined in the field, but in that case the bottom of the sliding field leaves an entire extra line of space (and with evenly spaced lines of text, my layout is ok to print, no text cutting at page breaks)

However, in this case, the bottom edge is sliding up to about half a line of text's worth of space below the text itself. this disrupts the continuity of the layout (each line of text being 4 mm, extra space being around 1.5-2 mm) and causes the text to clip at page breaks.

I have a lot of sliding text fields in this layout, and it spans several pages.

I can't figure out what is causing this mysterious extra space to restrict the sliding...

Thanks for your help,

Dan

Hmm. Could the slider itself just be taller than you you need it to be? That is, at a line and a half rather than as a single line? Most of my text fields are around 22 pix. high. If it were set to, say 35, it would produce what you're describing.

Is the error consistent with this field?

Dan

Hi Dan - I thought of this just after posting my last reply, and tested it as best I could considering that the sliding text fields vary in length and number of lines from record to record. So I adjusted the height of the problem field in semi-line increments, but this did not solve the problem.

I have developed a complicated work-around which involves another database which adds space between specific fields using scripts. ...

And I'm leaving the office for a month tomorrow... nevertheless, if you have another idea, please post it! It would be great to have the simple solution waiting for me when I get back.

Thanks,

Dan

This topic is 7242 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.