Server Maintenance This Week. ×

barcode questions...

This topic is 7223 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

OK, a company I'm developing for is a publisher who wants to start a user registration scheme..

1) First of all we want to be printing cards (a business card stock) from filemaker - not a problem - but does anyone know of any single sided colour laser card printers that are pretty reasonable?

I've found ones that print onto plastic cards, but they're too expensive.

I don't want to be feeding in business cards into an A4 printer, or to have to feed in an A4 sheet of card then cut them up.

I'd like to just be able to put a stack of blank card into a feeder, and run them off.

Anyone know of any UK suppliers of these kind of products?

You see label printers for

Cod39 Barcode (code 3 of 9) font is free can ca be downloaded by doing a search in google. This is a direct char per char barcode, that has no special hashing so developement is super easy.

Power TIP:

since the font height to width is fixed you can get a taller barcode by stacking 2 of the same fields to make a taller one.

Virtually all readers can read all barcode types. I scan membership cards and use a Visual Basic interface that captures the barcode and saves it with a timestamp to a text file, then filemaker imports that. that way if FMP is not running data is still captured.

Charles

This topic is 7223 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.