This topic is 8165 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to get a link to a PDF file in a record on the macintosh? I have FM 5.

Also, does anyone know how to make a keyword search across multiple records in multiple layouts? Im really stuck on this one! Thanks.

kev_800 shocked.gif" border="0

Filemaker running under OSX can display pdf files in container fields, or so I'm told. I haven't done it myself.

To search for a keyword in multiple fields (it doesn't matter how many layouts). Enter find mode. In the find request, enter the keyword in the first field you want to check; create a new find request, and enter the keyword in the second field etc. Keep adding find requests until you have an entry in each field that you want to search. You can also switch between layouts while in find mode. Finally, perform the find. You can automate this with a script using Set Field instructions to fill out the find request.

• Newbies

Ok. I am running 9.x so I think I will just convert them to .tiff or .gif images or something of the sort.

Thanks for the other tip, I didn't quite right down my problem correctly but that helped me look at it from another angle. I had 3 different layouts, one for earth, life and physical sciences, im going to make a 4th layout that isnt viewable from the tabs and have that the search field for all three of the fields. It should work, even if it is a little bit more cumbersome smile.gif" border="0

Thanks a ton!

K

smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

This topic is 8165 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.