Server Maintenance This Week. ×

make filemaker act like a word processsor

This topic is 8184 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have developed a solution for my sign company that all the employees like, but there is one thing that they have asked that I incorporate into this solution and I have not been able to do it so far!

I have created a database where people can write letters and create faxes but Filemaker does not act like a word processor. How do you get Filemaker to do things like tabs and keep the decimal point in the same place on a document when using dollar figures? Is there any way to make Filemaker act like a word processor?

I don't want to use word or some program like that because the system I have developed is all contained within Filemaker and allows me to do a global search over many different databases by order number and not have to have any other programs involved. (My people love that fact that they don't have to go all over the place to do their work)

thanks for any help

Wade

You can design a button and attach to it a script step "send message": sending applications, instead of field and so on (as required by the relative dialog box) you can launch MS WORD (if installed) without exiting your FM application.

This also apply to any executable file you have onboard.

Best regards

[ November 28, 2001: Message edited by: JPaul ]

Under the View menu, turn on your text ruler. Click in any text field you would like to format word processor-style. Then, click on the text ruler where you want a tab stop to appear. You can make it a right, left, center tab as you wish. Also under the View menu, under toolbars, you can turn on text tools. While lacking many features of a word processor, this gives you the basics.

This topic is 8184 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.