autoupdate plugin on Mac

This topic is 7162 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am using FileMaker Server7 on MacOs X Panther and using MacOs X Panther as client.I wish to use autoupdate feature that will update the plugins installed on client with those on Server if server has a plugin with a higher version,but I am not able to do so.My client sys is neither able to find the Server Administration X plugin on server nor it is able to find SecureFM plugin.

From where to get Server Administration X plugin for Mac and how to put it?I have to make application compatible for bot hwindows and Mac client.It is working fine with windows client but I am not able to do for Mac client.

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies

Tips for AutoUpdate. (Sample using SMTPit)

1) Make sure the plugin is named SMTPit.fmplugin

2) encode using .tar in the terminal or Stuffit Droptar.

3) Ensure all directories on the server and client have the appropriate privileges.

The problem as I see it is that upon downloading and converting the tar encoding and placing it in the Extensions folder. The plugin is approx 80k less in size than when it was encoded. It does not show in the Preferences Dialog after being installed.

It seems like a bug to me. I'm using Filemaker Developer 7.0v3 and FM Server 7.0v1.

This topic is 7162 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.