Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Archiving

This topic is 8182 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am confused by the export/import script step. I have a found set of records in a main FMP5 file. I need the found records to be exported/imported to another existing FMP5 file(the archive). Is there a way for me to do this without manual intervention? When I set up an import script in the archive file and put a script in the main file with the external script function, it keeps asking the user to choose a file. I need the user to click on a button and have the found record sent to another FMP file and delete the record in the main file.

First, you don't need to do both an export and an import. Just have a found set of records in your source file, and then do an import in your destination file. Do the import manually the first time, and then create a script in the destination file. The script will have the "import records" step which will default to the last import order that you did (the manual import that you just finished doing). Also, in this script step there is the option to select the file. If you pick the file when you set up the script, then the user won't have to. If you don't select it, then the user will be requested to pick the file whenever the script is run.

This topic is 8182 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.